Today I went out to lunch with one of my girl friends. The place we happened to go has the best roasted garlic. Of course, I load up all the time on these when I get a salad and today was no different.
As I was chewing on my garlic, I remembered my blog post about various pregnancy old wives tales and that garlic was one of them.
I made it a point to try to look up the information when I got home, but with this pregnancy brain going on, I forgot… Until just a few minutes ago.
I was taking a bath and realized that I never looked at it. I asked Tarzan if he could smell garlic coming out of my pores and he said no. I don’t know if a person can smell garlic coming out of their own pores, but if they can, I was not able to smell anything even close to garlic coming out of mine.
The pregnancy old wives tale about garlic is that if you eat a clove of garlic and if the smell seeps out of your pores, it’s a boy. If it doesn’t seep out and you don’t end up smelling like garlic, it’s a girl. Hmm…
Guess I’ll find out how right or wrong this old pregnancy wives tale is on Wednesday. Stay tuned!
You might also want to read:
- List of 51 pregnancy old wives tales: Your baby’s sex revealed!
- 17 weeks pregnant belly and guess the sex of our baby!
- Furniture shopping on Christmas Eve: A tale of two monkeys
- You can just call me “Fat Cousin Itt” (pregnancy weight related)
- Loving green grapes, but I think I should stop eating them (possibly TMI)