The pregnancy fatigue started around week 6 of being pregnant and is still going strong now that I’m 11 weeks pregnant. It’s a different pregnancy fatigue than before though. It’s really settled in to the point where I need a nap during the day now.
The other day I went shopping with a friend, which meant that I couldn’t take a nap. The second I got home (645 pm) I was ready for bed. For real. I ended up getting Tarzan to rub my back for 20 minutes and then I went to the bedroom and passed out until the next morning.
At the beginning of being pregnant, I didn’t require a nap during the day. I felt tired, but not I-can’t-get-off-the-couch tired like I am now. Hopefully this will slow down and I’ll regain my energy back. I feel so completely unproductive some days just laying on the couch and reading or watching TV. Some days I just keep my pajamas on all day without even getting properly dressed.
I keep my fingers crossed that no one comes to the front door and sees me looking like a big mess!
You might also want to read:
- Ringing in 24 weeks pregnant with lots of worrying and sickness
- 23 weeks pregnant: Scary time driving in a hail storm alone. Tears involved. Lots of them.
- 37 weeks pregnant: Reminiscing about my pregnancy
- 13 weeks pregnant: Still feeling good!
- Pregnancy insomnia: Up at 3:47 AM and can’t sleep. What a way to welcome in 13 weeks of being pregnant.